Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet Format on Trello Cards?

Luke Vickruck
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 17, 2023

Hey everyone - I am looking to have a spreadsheet format on our Trello boards - specifically I would like to use this format for our SOP boards.

Currently we are screen shooting our excellent sheets and adding them as a photo to the Trello Board. This works but is far to cumbersome in regards to immediate alterations to the SOP as this process requires a note being made in the field, brought to the office's attention, the SOP team going into the excel file, making the changes, taking a new screen shot, deleting the old one from the Trello card and adding the new. (Even describing the process seams insane) 

Is there a power up or tool that will allow me to incorporate a spreadsheet directly to the Trello card just like a checklist?

1 answer

2 votes
Gaurav Kataria
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2023

Luke, you can just embed the spreadsheet in the card description as a smartlink. This article explains different embed formats. (You just have to make sure that the spreadsheet is not private and everyone on the board has access to it.)

See this gif below

Spreadsheet in Trello.gif

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2023

This is such a great feature.  

Just to add, you can get your Google Sheet links default to embedded by going here:

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/link-preferences 

Screenshot 2023-11-18 160407.png

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2023

I had no idea you could specify defaults for the link embeds, that's awesome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events