Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hi

when we decide to create a to-do card in a team, then that card will have individual tasks for different members of the team. These members then bring their tasks to their own team. On their own team board their task from the other team would best be represented as a card, but now the task is the card title, and again I could need to split this into different tasks for my team members, who again would want their task to be a card on their personal board. (And everything should also be in sync both ways)

could this be done in Trello or with a Power-up?

2 answers

Hi @Johan Fredrik Høvas ,

Welcome to the community!

You can't split 1 card but you can link 2 or more cards in one.

Please read and follow the steps shown in the article and your issue will be solved.

https://blog.trello.com/related-cards-related-boards

Regards,

Soumyadeep

This seems great for tasks that are done/not done. I often need a status back to the master-card, something has happened with regards to the task, but it is not completed. Ideally a card created from a task can have a status update, that is synced back to the master-card

Iain Dooley Community Leader Feb 01, 2021

@Johan Fredrik Høvas the master is linked in the description, so for example you can have a command that copies posted comments back to the master

Thank you! Will the rules be set as a default, or do you need to set rules for every task?

Iain Dooley Community Leader Feb 01, 2021

@Johan Fredrik Høvas the rule would be something like:

when a comment is added to a card find the first card linked in the description and post comment "{commenttext}"

Thanks again! I really appreciate this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

524 views 19 20
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you