Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I want to play a "good job!" sound effect every time a card is moved to the "completed" list. How can I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Waite Atlassian Team Aug 05, 2021

Hi Leslie,

Trello automation has no way of playing a sound when a card is moved to a certain list. One thing you could do is set the emoji 🎉  at the start of the name of a list. When cards move into this list, Trello will display a confetti animation.

I recommend looking through Trello Power-Ups to see if anything by a third-party could be used to create what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Alex

Thanks for your response!

I haven't found any Power-Ups that specifically offer sound effects.

Multisensory feedback offers huge value to users, especially for behaviors we want to encourage (like completing tasks). As a game developer, I know this feedback can be leveraged to motivate players into completing tasks they'd otherwise find too boring. The same is likely true with to-do list items. 

For now, I'll look into building a method myself!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,303 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you