Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Sorting by Salesforce probability

Can I create a rule that moves a card from one list to another based on the salesforce probability in the Salesforce Power-up? For example, if I have a list with cards of opportunities at 15% and three of them are adjusted to 35%, can butler handle the move?

3 answers

@Josh Bernstein

Do you know whether Salesforce opportunity has the link to the Trello card? In working with a client using fresh CRM, we have a custom field created for that. If there is, you can check whether this is passed on to Zapier when the opportunity is updated. There is a Zapier Salesforce trigger for that.  The alternative is to use Salesforce webhook and have the endpoint find the card and move. That piece of info is probably the first thing I look for first.

The power up seems to be contact centric ie you attach opportunity to the contact so if in Salesforce that relationship is maintained then when an opportunity is updated we can look for the contact and get to the card. 

@Josh Bernstein 

Got this from a friend. 

Thanks ….I'm still a baby when it comes to Salesforce 😊 To answer your questions, Salesforce has custom fields and you can create and update via API. Please see one such ref here https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000MIjvIAG

Every field and in fact design element in Salesforce is available via API.

I don't think Salesforce supports webhooks natively although there have been workarounds using REST API. Most integrations requiring Salesforce webhook are done via 3rd party platforms like Zapier and Automate.io

Hope this helps😊

You might be able to achieve the desired outcome with Zapier, but probably not easily. 

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jul 27, 2021

@Josh Bernstein you can't do it with Butler because the rules you create don't have access to the "plugin data" of other power ups.

If the data are indeed stored in the pluginData property of the card then we can grab it using the API by writing a relatively simple command for you using our automation platform:

http://www.benkobot.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,351 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you