Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting board lists by due date ascending

Anna Williamson May 9, 2022

Hello, 

I can't seem to get this rule working on Trello (see screenshot below)...strangely though, when I changed to rule to "descending" instead of "ascending" I SAW it update the list and put everything with a due date at the bottom of the list. However, when I do a test card to check it is working, it's not moving that card up to be in the correct corresponding order??

Can anyone help? Is it to do with the fact I've manually ordered the list myself previously?

EDIT: It seems to work when I add another card or take another action. So for instance, when I do another action on that list, it then triggers the above rule?! It's so weird. :(

Thanks, 

AnnaTrello.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Anna Williamson ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! I took a look into this for you and I wonder if it's because the rule currently references a card being added to the board instead of when a due date is set on a card - so if card is added and doesn't have a due date it may not instigate the action. The below is the suggested rule from this article:

• Trigger: When a due date is set on a card

• Action: Sort the list by due date ascending

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Anna Williamson May 9, 2022

Thanks so much that works!!!!!!!!!

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Oh fantastic! Happy Trello-ing 🥳

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events