Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting Cards Numerically in Trello

Roy Yoo November 20, 2018

Good Morning,

I'll start off with an example to help me ask my question.  I have a list of cards that have numbers in the title. 

• Example:  1200, 1120, 123, 5, 2, 7.
    • Currently Trello sorts like this:  1120, 1200, 123, 2, 5, 7.
    • I'd like the cards sorted liked this:  2, 5, 7, 123, 1120, 1200.

Is there a way to do this within Trello or with an add on?  If an add on is required, which add on would help this?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

@Roy Yoo Trello doesn't have any card sorting natively (does it?!) Butler will sort a list alphabetically, but you can ask it to sort numerically, if I recall correctly something like:

Sort list "blah" numerically

should work

Roy Yoo November 21, 2018

I only see the following options for sorting:

• Date Created (Newest)
  • Date Created (Oldest)
  • Card Name (Alphabetically)
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2018

@Roy Yoo oh right, strange I thought they had an option to sort numerically by card name. You can email their support to ask if they'd add it, they're usually pretty responsive.

Here is a Trellinator function that would do it:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/5d2cc46bd6d91c4605c5ed532a82a2c9

You could install that Globally and any time you wanted to sort a list by name numerically just add a card "Sort" to it.

You can see more about how to install Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Like K Hurlburt likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events