Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort ascending/descending for Lists and Labels in Table View?

Courtney Christenson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2024

My preferred (premium) workspace view is Table View. This allows me to see what I have in a "Time Sensitive" list across every single board, so I can tackle those tasks first. This is much easier to me than assigning due dates to every task, which can feel fussy and overly in-the-weeds with admin functions. For me, it suffices to organize my lists as "Time Sensitive" and other time-bound and prioritized list funnels. But in Table View, it seems like it's only possible to sort by Due Dates, rather than the other fields, like List and Labels -- which would both be extremely useful to sort by. Am I missing something, or is this really not possible to do? If so, this seems unnecessarily limiting. It assumes every user is using Due Dates as the field that all their task organization hinges on. Sorting columns A-Z is a very basic function and should not be a complex engineering issue for this platform, right? For the cost of the premium membership, this feels like a weird omission. Can you please add sorting for other fields in Table View other than Due Dates alone?

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2024

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for reaching out.

Right now, it's not possible to sort other columns in Workspace Table view; it's only possible to sort the due date column by ascending/descending.

While this exact functionality isn’t currently available in Trello, I have gone ahead and created a new feature suggestion for you with our product team which you can access here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TRELLO-301.

I would also recommend you to visit that suggestion, log in with your Atlassian account, and click Start watching this issue on the right panel. This will help our product and engineering team understand more about which functionalities our users are interested in. Also, when the ticket is updated by our product team, you'll be notified via email.

You can learn more about this by reading our Implementation of New Features Policy.

If it helps, a possible workaround would be to filter cards by that specific list in Workspace Table view. While there isn't a way to sort them alphabetically or by label, hopefully that makes it easier to view those cards (I've provided this workaround in the feature request ticket too).

If you have any questions about this suggestion, any additional information you would like to share, or any comments on our new features policy, please let us know!

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events