Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some shortcuts are not working

Tim Gibbons October 26, 2022

When hovering over a card, the label shortcuts for 3 (yellow) and 9 (pink) do not work. They bring up the edit windows for the shortcut. They don't work online or in the desktop app. All the other label shortcuts work perfectly online and on the desktop app.

I'm on macOS 15 (Monterey), on an M1 Macbook Pro. The desktop version of Trello is 2.13.8, and I'm on Safari 16.0. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022

Hi @Tim Gibbons and welcome to the community,

If you press L on a card and the popup appears, are position 3 and 9 populated with colors? If you click on the checkbox what happens?

Can you try the same action (pressing 3 and 9) from another browser and confirm if it stills doesn't work?

Tim Gibbons October 28, 2022

When I press L, the selection box window opens and I can select the labels I want. But the shortcuts for 3 and 9 don't work. They don't work in the Trello app or online. When I press either 3 or 9, a "Create shortcut" window pops up. I tried it using the Opera browser and the same thing happens.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

This seems weird to be honest. First of all I can't find anywhere a "create shortcut" window. Do you mean that when you press 3 or 9, then the window with the shortcuts appear? Like pressing "?". What keyboard encoding are you using? Do other colleagues of your have the same problem, or is it happening only to the specific computer you are using?

Can you try the same operation with another computer?

Tim Gibbons October 30, 2022

Hi Alex -- Yes, it is weird. It's not a shortcuts window or the help popup - it's a little popup window that says "Create a new label". See the screenshot for what happens when I hover over a card and press 3 ...

I have normal US encoding for the keyboard. The 3 and the 9 work correctly everywhere else. I don't use Trello with other people and I don't have access to another computer. This only started after the latest Trello (Mac) update.

Screen Shot 2022-10-30 at 11.38.35.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2022

@Tim Gibbons if you are on a paid plan, contact Atlassian support. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that. I would advise you to unistall/install trello again, and/or try from another computer to replicate the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events