cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some API endpoints returning 403 now?

J_ Paul Reed
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2024

Hey all,

I have some custom-written Trello automation that I use that's more or less worked forever.

Today, I found myself having an odd problem with creating cards; for context, this automation posts a card, and then hits a few additional API endpoints to get information like the board labels to add some labels to said card and to create a checklist on the newly-created card.

Today, that automation failed in an odd way: POST'ing to the /cards endpoint works as expected (so, I know my API token and key work) but GET'ing the /boards/{id}/labels endpoint returns a Cloudflare error page stating "The request could not be satisfied" and indicating an HTTP 403?

But then the automation creates the checklist with by POST'ing to the /checklists endpoint, and creates various checklist items; all of this works fine.

Perhaps it's just a temporary Cloudflare proxy misconfiguration, but... any thoughts on why multiple API endpoints work just fine, but some are now returning an HTTP 403 forbidden, when I am supplying the same key/token credentials for all these requests?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
J_ Paul Reed
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2024

Apparently, I didn't do enough searching before asking this question; I was experiencing this problem: 

https://developer.atlassian.com/changelog/#CHANGE-1459

My automation happens to be in shell, so the curl fix for this was to add "--get" to requests that are, in fact, HTTP GET requests...

0 votes
Guilherme Pereira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 18, 2024

I've been having the same problem for over a week. I can't get my board client.get_board(board_id) </BODY></HTML> at https://api.trello.com/1/lists/1 (HTTP status: 403)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events