Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack powerup does not allow reminders to be sent to a private channel

Krishna Upadhyayula July 17, 2021

The "Remind channel about this card" option under the Slack power up does not show the channel I want as one of the listed options. I suspect this is because the channel is private in Slack. Does Trello support reminders being sent to a private channel? A workaround could be to send individual reminds to all the people in the channel but this seems burdensome. Anything I can do to achieve the functionality I want?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2021

Hi Krishna,

In order to have the private channel appear in your drop down in the Slack power-up, first you need to @Trello in your private channel. 

Once you do that, you'll be able to select the private channel.

If after doing this you're still having issues, feel free to raise a ticket with Trello Support here.

Thanks,
Alex 

Krishna Upadhyayula July 22, 2021

Hi Alex!

I have already invited Trello into the slack channel when I raised this concern! So I'm still unable to locate the channel I wanted. Does it matter that I made a test channel and am the only member in the channel apart from Trello for the moment? I want to use Trello for my team but wanted to test out all the functionalities beforehand hence the test channel. 

I've raised a ticket but hopefully you can give me some advice as well!

Thank you,

Krishna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events