Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack / Trello integration - do I need to link every channel?

dor July 28, 2022

Hi, new to Trello - I integrated it with Slack (my main use case.. to keep track of all the requests i'm getting from people around the company).

Do I really need to link every channel that I want integrated to my board? . E.g. I get a request from John, and I want to quickly add it to my to-do list using the /trello add [xyz] command. Right now it's telling me that I haven't linked that channel to my board yet...That defeats the purpose

1 answer

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2022

Hi Dor,

Welcome to the community! I hope you're enjoying it so far.

And answering your question, yes, you'll have to connect every Slack channel you have to the board on Trello. I assume this is something intended on Slack because it prevents users from creating and viewing the contents of the cards and boards as a security measure.

And being honest, I agree with you about integrating your board with all Slack channels. But, as I mentioned, it could give too much power to the users to create cards on boards and access the information about them. Even if they don't have a Trello account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events