Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack PowerUp Notification

Anthony Manniello August 17, 2022

I have set up notifications for the Slack Power-up in Trello that when one of my users does certain actions on cards, we are notified in Slack under the Trello App. I have a new employee starting so I wanted him to also receive these notifications. When I try to add the new user under Add Slack Alert in the power-up settings, it wants me to select a workspace and then a channel. I don't remember having to select a channel when I originally set this up. My colleague and myself are listed for receiving alerts as seen in the screenshot. Again, the notifications are displayed in Slack at the bottom in the Trello App and not in any particular channel in Slack. Can someone please help me remember how I set this up? Need to write this down....

Thank you for your time. If you need me to better explain things, I will try to.

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 5.12.33 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2022

Hi Anthony,

In the Slack Power-Up it's no longer possible for you to set up alerts to send direct messages to someone else's Slack account, changes were made to the Power-Up so that it's only possible for you to create a notification that will be sent in Direct Message to your own account or other channels in Slack. 

If you're wanting to setup this notification setup so it sends a direct message to your new employee the best thing to do will be to get them to set it up on the board as they'll be able to send a Direct Message to their account.

Alternatively, you could also setup a new Slack channel and create a notification to send to this Slack channel instead so that instead of creating a new notification when someone joins you could add them to this Slack channel instead.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events