Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show can I copy the custom field value into other cards with checklist links

Philippe Gallant March 18, 2022

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 3.45.33 PM.png

I tried to use this command when I created a button:  for each card linked from an item in checklist "Process Work", set custom field "CBT" to "{{%CBT}}". it is not working.   Need your assistance on this.  Thank you!

Philippe

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

Hi @Philippe Gallant ! Welcome to the community :) you'll need to use the {customfieldvalue} variable in your rule. Just be careful of looping - I'd suggest diffirenciating the "trigger" card vs the "action" cards by adding a condition to your trigger. E.g. 

when custom field "CBT" is set in a card in list "Trigger", for each card linked from an item in checklist "Process Work", set custom field "CBT" to "{customfieldvalue}"

Thank you for your quick reply. 

OK, will this copy 018 at CBT text value into each card under checklist links?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

Yes, should do! Is it not working for you?

I tried this rule: when custom field "CBT" is set in a card in list "In Process", set custom field "CBT" to "{customfieldvalue}"

In the card where the checklist is and I entered 018 and the checklist where the cards are didn't add 018 on each card.  

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows I tried to use the card button with this command: for each card linked from an item in checklist "Process Work", set custom field "CBT" to "{customfieldvalue}" 

This didn't work as well.  

I will be away for the evening and I will try again tomorrow or next week.  Thank you for your help.  

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2022

@Philippe Gallant In the example I gave above, the trigger is based off a custom field value change. I believe the ability to copy a custom field value only works if the CF value was involved in the trigger, AFAIK, it won't work if the trigger is a button.

Like Philippe Gallant likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events