Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Activity Comments on Cover of Trello Cards

Deleted user March 7, 2022

Is it possible to display the most recent Activity comment on the cover of Trello cards?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ! I don't believe this is possible unless you use a combination of butler and custom fields. So the idea would be to populate the custom field with {commenttext}. However, the field is a single-line text field, so you'll only see a few words displayed in the field 

What would be the need to see comments displayed on the front of cards?

Deleted user March 8, 2022

My goal is to provide a view for managers to quickly review status in one on one meetings with the project managers who manage each Trello board.   The goal is to do as much review as possible without having to drill into each card. We get most of the data we want on the cover (dates, status, labels, etc.) but often it would be helpful to see the notes (even just a sentence or line) so we could see last action (e.g., emailed client 3/8)

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2022

@[deleted] if you're just wanting to see the high-level information for reporting purposes, maybe a reporting option will work? I'd still suggest using the custom field to pull in the most recent comment, and from there you could use blue cat reports or butler reports to create a quick list of cards with the information you need (including the custom field data). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events