Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup task list for yearly projects

Laura Steele August 29, 2017

I’m setting up a task board and want to make sure I do it correctly.  It’s basically a yearly cycle, so I would like to copy the tasks once I finish next year and essentially start over on the tasks again next year (keeping the colors and those who were assigned to work on the tasks the same).  What’s the best way to set this up? The due dates would just be moved one year forward and completed tasks would need to be incomplete.  Is there a way to do this easily?  Want to get it setup correctly, as there will be hundreds of tasks over the course of a year. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

Hi Laura,

Marta here, from Trello Support.

You can create a copy of a board by going to the Board's Menu > More... > Copy board.

While it's possible to have all cards copied to the new board, right now, the activity and members will not be copied to the new board. Also, because you are creating an exact copy of the board, due dates will remain the same and tasks will show as completed. 

For now, I'm afraid you'd have to make all those changes manually. I'll pass your interest on this to our team though, so please let me know if you'd like me to send anything else their way.

Thanks!

Marta

Laura Steele September 1, 2017

Appreciate the info! Hopefully they will consider this addition, I think it would be useful to a lot of folks.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events