Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set due date from email

Heather Watson March 17, 2018

Hi, is there a way to add a due date to a card when emailing to the board?  I have a Google Form that sends an email with the input answers to create a card, but I really need the due date to be included and the documentation I've read for emailing the board doesn't mention it.

If not, is there any other way besides using Zapier/Automate.io to automatically add that?

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Brown June 14, 2021

Does anyone know how to make these old Butlerbot commands work in the new Trello Automation? For example, how is it possible to create this command: "when a card with a description containing a date is emailed into the board, set due on the date"?

Thanks.

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2018

Hey Heather

You can use Butlerbot

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here: https://www.butlerfortrello.com/dashboard.html
-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"
2) Add a new card to the Butler list, using the following text

when a card with a name containing a date is emailed into the board, set due on the date

or

when a card with a description containing a date is emailed into the board, set due on the date

or

when a card with a name or a description containing a date is emailed into the board, set due on the date

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events