cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set all the the due dates by setting one due date

Dan Pelletier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2023

I want to make a template board for my projects, as they all have the same timeline. Is there a way to create a template board that has all of the tasks that have to happen with the project, and then have one specific card where I set the final due date for, and then the rest of the cards automatically populate their due date based off the final due date card? 

More detailed specifics - I'm trying to use this to track and manage theatre productions. I have a giant check list of everything that has to happen before opening night broken down into things like "No later than six months before opening night, no later than 3 months, no later than 1 week, etc" I want to have a card or something that is "opening night" and once I set that date, all of the other cards know to set their date off of that

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2023

You can do this by a combination of due dates and custom date fields with Trello automation.  

Look at this article for guidance of how to set this up:

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/arithmetic-and-formatting-in-date-variables/ 

Dan Pelletier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 17, 2023

This only gives me half of the answer I'm looking for. Assume I know nothing about these automation tasks. I can't figure out how to integrate this using what I can see in the automation options on my board

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events