Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Card Location via Zapier/API

Deleted user March 2, 2022

When onboarding new members into our organisation via a form online, I'd like to automatically create a Trello card and populate the Location field.

Switching to the Maps view would show visually where in the country our members reside.

We have an automation workflow via Zapier for when new members join - involving apps like HubSpot and Stripe - but it seems when creating a card there is not the option to populate the Location field.

Question - Is there a way to automate card creation and the population of the Location field?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Chris

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2022

@[deleted] 

You will need to use Trello api to update the location attributes on the card. If Lat and Lon is not available you will need to geocode from the address. 
(**Update Apr 1, 2024 - api is no longer available but it can be done in Zapier, Make.com or your own micro)

Take a look at this documentation

https://w55o8f.deta.dev/redoc

Below shows the result of a search. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 4.45.23 PM.jpg

Deleted user March 5, 2022

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated. 

2 votes
Jon August 21, 2023

It would be so useful if this option was in zapier, I'm in the same boat. I wish this was possible. It opens up so many options with using Trello to map geographic data.

1 vote
Matthieu Gaillet September 8, 2023

Same here

0 votes
ReliantGuttersUSA
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2024

Any update on this?   Would be super helpful if zapier had the option to bring in the location. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2024

@ReliantGuttersUSA @Matthieu Gaillet @Jon 

Before you can set the attributes using Trello api, you probably need to call some services to geocode a location. All this can be done inside Zapier using Code by Zapier. 

River City Gutters
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 31, 2024

How do we accomplish this? I’m not a coder and I’m completely confused as to how to actually make it happen

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2024

@River City Gutters 

The Trello card location attributes requires the latitude and longitude of some location. If you have an address you need to use a geocoding api to first get the location data and then use Trello api to update the card attribute from using of Zapier. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events