It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Separating rules between boards with Butler power up?

Hello all

I am using the free version of Trello.  I have created a team and 2 boards.  I am using the first board for overall project management and the second board for resource-specific subtasks.  Everything is working great with one exception - Butler rules are applying to both boards.  I am able to create board-specific board and card buttons (one each per board), but I can only create one rule between the two boards.  I thought maybe I had selected an option to apply the rule to both boards so I deleted the rule and rebuilt it but it did the exact same thing.  Is this intended behavior or have I found a bug?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger Community Leader May 16, 2019

@Kevin K. 

Hi Kevin, the official guideline says with a free Butler account you can create 1 card button, 1 board button and 1 rule per board.

If this isn't the case for you, I suggest you contact the support directly and point out how it behaves on your end: support@trello.com.

Hi Katrin

I had read the guidelines, which suggested to me I should be able to create 1 rule per board but that's not the behavior I'm seeing.  I will contact support - just thought maybe I'd check here first in case I did something dumb ;)

Thanks for the reply!

Like Katrin Anger likes this

@Kevin K. 

Hi Kevin, did you get any resolution from contacting support. I have the same issue and I've contacted support but I haven't had a response regarding the 'per board' guidelines.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,598 views 14 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you