Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Board or Separate Card for each project?

Laura L_ Townsend August 10, 2021

Brand new to Trello, and very "organizationally challenged ".

I am a solo consultant and I want to keep track of my Contacts (name, title, type, phone, address, meeting dates, etc) then link those contacts to the "projects" I do.  I might have multiple projects for one client over time.

An example of two projects I might do for one client would be "Develop and teach a class on XYZ", or "Make a set of document templates."

I'd like to be able to go to a client and see all my projects for them, or go to a project and see all contacts involved (might or might not just be clients).  Go to a client or project and see tasks, but also go to a global task list and see everything I need to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how you would organize this?  One card per assignment, with check lists, custom fields, etc.  or One board per Assignment? Card per client or board per client?  

After I deliver a product to a client I'd like to to be able to share a board with them so they can log issues they find for me to fix.

Any suggestions would be helpful -- the "project management" templates I'm seeing seem geared toward big projects with teams of people.  I mostly work alone and have my "project planning" is a to-do list.  I need to track my calendar, take notes for each project.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2021

@Laura L_ Townsend 

In my case, for projects that extends into several weeks, I used a template board and create a board for each client. I work through requirements, report completion and client can comment etc. These are free boards with just one automation to create an invoice on the card which I trigger manually.  List represents days where there is work and I archive them when work is completed and paid. 
I have a separate CRM board where I use Contalist for more structured communication via template emails etc. 

Laura L_ Townsend August 11, 2021

Thanks!  I think I am going to experiment with a separate board for some projects that are ongoing, and a single board with separate cards for small projects that I can do quickly.

I found a program called everHour that integrates with Trello for tracking time and creating invoices.  I notice all my boards show up as projects in it.

I will look into Contalist -  I'm still struggling mentally over how people track all their contacts.  I'd like something that synchs with my phone contacts, where I can link contacts to projects, take notes on them, have their phone numbers, job titles, link them to other contacts, calendar events, tasks, etc.  But it seems the "contact" portion of most stuff I'm seeing is CRM - moving masses of contacts through a pipeline toward a sale, or very limited - Name and Address only, for invoicing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events