Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for cards by label from the search bar

iliaskzz October 20, 2021

Hi, 

I'm trying to search for cards in a board / workspace that have a specific label 

I want to do that from the search so as to be able to save the search for future usages

However it seems that it's not working and the results are inconsistent from the search bar.

When I look up the cards with the following label "Project Bible" from the search card menu at the right of the board, Trello finds the card 

Search by label.PNG

However when I type the exact same label name in the search bar using the syntax, Trello finds no corresponding card although I can the card in the board 

label from search bar.PNG

label from search bar 2.PNG

Any ideas on how to approach that ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2021

@iliaskzz try:

Screenshot_20211023-220744_Chrome.jpg

iliaskzz October 30, 2021

thank you @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows I tried it and it works. That was very helpful 

Maybe Trello should add some instruction about the syntax to use when using that search feature. 

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Yes, I agree - it took me a minute to figure it out 😅

Laura Heggem
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 1, 2022

My cards used to look like the top picture but now they look like this... How can I get them to go back to the full card view?SnipImage.JPG

0 votes
Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2021

Hello, @iliaskzz ; welcome to the Community

To search by label in trello you must do the following: 

label: (here the name of the label)

I enclose a link where you can find help about it:

https://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

iliaskzz October 20, 2021

thanks @Jose Luis Gaitan I tried the syntax you mentionned label: 

It does not seem to work neither 

label search bar 3.PNG

Any thoughts ? Thanks

Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2021

In the search bar you can see an arrow at the right side. If you click on it, you'll go to the search panel and I'm sure you can do the search there perfectly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events