Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search not working for new cards?

Jen Pickerill September 6, 2019

Is there a glitch?  I am not able to search cards that I have entered today by keyword?

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Marcum September 19, 2019

This issue appears to be corrected, for the most part. New cards are now searchable within a minute or so. Support says there is no intention / plan of decreasing the lag time further. 

victor smit September 19, 2019

Good, search capabilities are one of Trello's benefits and troubleshooting is very good news.

2 votes
Shilpa N September 9, 2019

Worked randomly over the weekend.Again seeing this issue now.

We are a business class customer using API and custom power ups extensively and this is causing issues.

1 vote
Peter H. September 12, 2019

I can confirm that this issue persists, even after 4 hours I am not able to find any recently created cards with the search.

Tara September 16, 2019

Yes, we are seeing longer than 4 hours too. Get it together Trello. 

victor smit September 19, 2019

It seems that Trello support cannot help with search problems.

0 votes
Shilpa N September 9, 2019

A temp fix would be to get all the cards via https://api.trello.com/1/boards/$board_id/cards?fields=id,name& and then filter.

Appreciate a faster response and resolution to the actual search that is failing.

0 votes
Steve Marcum September 9, 2019

Not working again today, as others have reported. There is some sort of long delay. Tara mentioned the delay of 4 hours or so. It'd be helpful if anyone else is having this issue to also post it here. I've communicated the issue to support, but they haven't confirmed any issue yet, which is a bit concerning. Mostly because my workflow relies on the API to be working or things get really backed up.

0 votes
Steve Marcum September 6, 2019

Tara and John,

I've had the same issue and opened a ticket with Trello's support. They seemed unaware of it. But it's problematic because the API isn't picking up cards that have been created in Trello. The issue started this morning. I noticed it around 12noon Eastern Time. Cards created since haven't registered and can't be found via API. 

Steve

Tara September 9, 2019

Hi Steve,

This is exactly it! The cards will show eventually. It looks like about 4 hours or so. This doesn't work for my company at all. With the huge spike in overhead cost for this solution over the last year, I am disappointed that it is becoming less stable and functional.

I have columns that won't move if they get too big but nothing to indicate they are approaching critical mass. I have API failures in search and sync. My Power up support feels outsourced to companies that want to sell me something else and that is when they aren't telling me I'm a moron or ignoring my support requests.  

And as a huge Taco fan, this hurts. Atlassian, please take more ownership. I mean look at where I ended up. Peer support. Classic.

Tara

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Hi Tara - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of error are you getting? What does the search look like?

Tara September 6, 2019

Hi John,

Thanks!

I don't actually get an error. I just get no result for a card that i am actually looking at on the board.

For Example, the title on the card is 350 Lark Lane - SW 8675309

I search anything "350" , "lark" or "8675309"  and get no results. 

In about 4 hours the issue resolves and the card is searchable. This is new to our boards and only occurring on newly created cards effective today. 

0 votes
Tara September 6, 2019

I am also having this issue on Chrome. New cards put on our business class boards are not searchable. They just don't come up in the results.

The dev console only has these errors showing ( i am not a network person)

DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: https://trello.com/perf.f2591342de2ec42d81c3.js.map
iframe-io.coffee:70

Power-Up 56940ede94fd60cf95f7ce6a implements capabilities that haven't been enabled (2) ["authorization-status", "show-authorization"]

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Hi Jen - what type of error are you getting? What does the search look like?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events