Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for archived cards from one certain column

Otto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2021

Hi. Is there a way to search for cards that have been archived in one certain column on Trello? So, there is one column which cards frequently are archived. Now I like to see all the cards in history that have been archived in this very column. There are no specific labels or headline- and content elements for those cards. Is there any way to do that? Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Type "/" to open the global search bar and then enter the following: 

is:archived board:"Your Board Name Here" list:"List Name"

Moving forward, you might want to create a separate board to hold your archived cards organized by their list so you can easily find your completed items. You can simply just manually move them to the archive board, or create a butler rule that looks something like this:

archive board rule.PNG

Otto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 21, 2021

Great, thank you very much!

0 votes
Carlos Tavera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 20, 2021

Hi @Otto

Great question! I was in the same situation, in my case I use a Kanban-style board to track weekly ops and have to continuously archive "Done" tasks to keep it clean. So I have a lot of them in the archive.

To find your archived cards for a board head to the Board Menu (3 dots to the top right corner of your screen on mobile) and then to the 3 dots to your right once again. Then go to Archive and there you'll find your archived cards and lists (columns) and also a search bar if you want to locate something more specific.

At the time I'm writing this, my Trello for desktop is down, apparently, some update to the menu bar is going on, so I'm not able to replicate this on my browser, but I'm pretty sure it must be very similar to the path in mobile.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events