Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search a card in trello by custom field

Bodhi May 24, 2022

Hi,

I am integrating trello API and i am stuck in search API. Is there any way to search any particular card by the custom field, as i understand /search API allow to filter cards only on cards fields not custom field.

Also, is there any way to find recently modified records where i can find which are updated today or recently by passing the start time?

2 answers

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

Hi @Bodhi 👋

Welcome to the Community! To help, I would recommend taking a look at this support article on How to Filter Trello Cards by Custom Field - hopefully that may be able to shed some light. 

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Bodhi May 25, 2022

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ I believe what you mentioned is UI process, what I am looking is to filter by Trello API. 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2022

@Bodhi 

Well if that is what the api says then I like you just have to do some coding like using list comprehension ....see example to get call cards where Task Status == 'Completed'

[card for card in board.open_cards() if card.get_custom_field_by_name('Task Status').value == 'Completed']

Yes, I cheated.

This same process can be done with gather cards in Cascade.

Bodhi May 25, 2022

@milynnus I am looking directy to use trello  API. BTW can you mentioned in what langauage you have wrote that query or use any trello library?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2022

@Bodhi 

Check out py-trello

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events