Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling work on a card without due dates

Adam Snyder October 20, 2021

I have a card where the endpoint is results-oriented, not time oriented. That is, we'll stop when some criterion is reached and we don't know how long that will take. I want someone to work on it Monday, Tuesday, Friday (for example), and work on something else Wednesday and Thursday. I'd like to see this reflected in the timeline (or calendar) view. How do I do this? I see I can make copies of a card and give them a bunch of different start end dates, but this is tedious and makes the board view unwieldy as there's a million copies of effectively the same card. How should I be doing this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Adam Snyder, on behalf of the Planyway team I'd like to recommend Planyway. You can try the time tracking mode in Planyway and drop the same card to the different time slots to add time entries to this card. You can use this mode to your preference and divide one card into several instances this way. The actual Trello card won't be duplicated, and it doesn't even need to have an actual due date.

planyway time entry.png

Time entries can be visualized on the timeline together with the regular cards and they can be assigned to different team members:

planyway timeline.png

I'll be here in case of any concerns or questions. 

Adam Snyder October 21, 2021

That looks like it would do what I need. Almost. I added the power up and tried it. However, it only "works" if I look in the planyway thingy and not if I just look at the Trello timeline. Also, it's unclear to me if this would work for the free version of planyway, or if I would have to pay. Does Trello actually do anything itself? Or is it just a way to bait-and-switch for a bunch of nickles and dimes?

Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 22, 2021

Hi Adam, all reasonable questions there. Regarding the prices, Planyway has a free and paid plan. The timeline in Planyway is a paid feature, but Planyway doesn't require you to have a Trello subscription. You can try both timelines, in Trello and Planyway, and choose the one that works best for your needs.

And I think it worth mentioning that we're not affiliated with Trello. In my understanding, Trello's not particularly interested in people using paid plugins, but they're interested in allowing users to find what can help them to make the most out of Trello.

If any questions, let me know 😉

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events