Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled email report is blank

Lee Brady September 6, 2021

Hi all,

I have set up a very simple scheduled email report using Butler Calendar automation.

I get a blank email (other than the word "test"). which suggests that the report variable isn't being recognised/used.

I have tried defining a variable and using that with the same blank email results. 

every day at 11:15 am, create a report with all cards in list "DO TODAY", 
and send an email notification to "email@domain.com" with subject "Trello To Do Today" and message "{$report} test"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Lee

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Ok - now it is really strange - I ran the command again without changes and I got the expected contents with {$report} 

And was able to successfully change this to use {$report_html} to give me the card layout email report for the filters that I wanted.

maybe just a glitch...

Thanks for the help.

Jonathan Mitchell March 29, 2022

Can you upload your command so I can see where to play the {$report_html}? I have attempted to send my manager simple reports and the only thing he can see in the email is the body text that was set up in the automation. Please help!

0 votes

Some additional info: the command log shows that it should have worked using {$report} …

So this is more odd… 

Monday, September 6, 2021 11:17 AM

Running command on board "xxxx"

I created a report with 9 cards in variable {$report}.

An email was sent to xxxx
0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2021

@Lee Brady 

The report variable you used in the email needs to be defined. 

Thanks for the reply - I already tried that as well and got the same result.

From what I can understand, the {$report} variable is a special case and is the default variable used for a report where none is specified - so this should work, it just doesn't return anything...

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2021

@Lee Brady 

The variable is {$report_html} when you select and schedule the standard reports. I have not tried to use it with my own report definition. 

Thanks

I tried {$report} then {$report_html} and also {$aaa} after defining the report variable. 

none worked. Always got a blank email unfortunately. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2021

@Lee Brady 

The way I had been doing is define a report variable eg rep_var , set the criteria, add the pattern and the used {$rep_var} in email body. Make sure exact spelling is used.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events