Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule/Automation - Report with due dates coming even when there's not a due date

Stephanie da Silva Silveira April 3, 2023

Hello community! 

I'm setting some automations in Trello but having issues with the scheduled.

I created an automation to send reports every day with cards with a due date incomplete. However, Trello is sending me these reports even when there's no due date incomplete. So this email comes empty, only with the message and title.

How can I do so I only receive the reports when I truly have a due date?

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

To make sure you only receive email reports when there are incomplete due dates on cards, you can add an extra trigger to your automation. In addition to selecting the "due soon" trigger, you can also add a conditional trigger that only sends the email if there are cards with incomplete due dates. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Edit your existing automation by going to your board, selecting the Automation button, and clicking Edit next to your email report automation.

2. Click on the "Add Trigger" button and select the "Card Button Pressed" trigger.

3. In the "When" section, select "due date" and "is incomplete". This will ensure that the trigger only fires when a card is moved to the "Incomplete Due Dates" list.

4. In the "Do" section, select the "Send Email" action and configure your email report as desired.

5. Save your automation changes. With this additional trigger, your email report will only be sent when there are incomplete due dates on cards. If there are no incomplete due dates, the automation will not run and you will not receive an empty email report.

Hey, Riley! 

Thanks for helping out. 

The only problem is that I believe we are talking about different settings. You can see from the image that I already set the automation to send a report with the cards with due dates incomplete. 

In the "Schedule" section, I can only select a trigger that says when I wanna send the reports. Like "every 2 days" or "every monday". These are the only options.
Maybe I'm using the wrong automation type?

I did not find these steps you mentioned. Still lost. 

Image here

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 4.33.07 pm.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events