Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving and Editing Checklist

Simone Audette April 11, 2019

Hi!

I'm wondering if there is a way to save a checklist so that I can 1. Edit it and have it update on all cards. 2. I can select/load it instead of having to copy it from another card.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2019

@Simone Audette 

Hi Simone,

What you can do is have a checklist added to some dummy (or placeholder) card, and add this checklist with a command with the Butler Power-Up to other cards. 

That's your use case 2 (instead of manually copying it across cards).

In regards to your use case 1: It appears tricky to update all those checklists that originate from one master checklist - afterwards. I wouldn't say it is impossible, but it is probably causing you a lot of operations that eat into your budget - unnecessarily. 

Can you explain a bit more why you want to do this? Maybe I can think of a workaround for you.

Let me know if you need further assistance for your use case 1. 

Simone Audette April 11, 2019

Thanks for your answer. Dummy card idea is a good idea.

Ideally, we are looking to be able to add/remove an item or two onto a checklist that is present in many cards. In this instance we may just have to manually add the information. But to avoid this in the future, would like to set up an editable master checklist that would live update. 

Thoughts?

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2019

@Simone Audette 

I was on my way of setting up a command sample for you when I realized that the appropriate action of removing a checklist item isn't available in the Butler Power-Up, yet.

I requested this feature a few weeks ago myself, so it is on its way.

Another question: Are you using the check/uncheck feature for checklists?

If you don't, I could think of a way to simple replace checklists, once the master checklist is updated. But that would mean that checks for checklist items would get lost.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2019

@Simone Audette as mentioned by @Katrin Anger you can easily have Butler automatically add a checklist.

Here is the Trellinator code to add any new checklist items in the correct order, maintaining existing checked item state, to existing checklists when you update your template, and this won't consume any Butler operations (but requires a G-Suite user to run the code):

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/b83a779982ece1f58a4768a9cce3862e

You can see how to set up Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events