Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Info on Right Side

Print Barrel January 3, 2020

When I was using Trello through a third party, they had added a spot on the right side so that I could save standard information for most projects. How do I add that feature?

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2020

Hi @Print Barrel 

Unfortunately, that question is a little vague, is there any chance you could be a little more specific, do you have any screenshots? It sounds like Bulter buttons, but I could be completely wrong!

Esme :)

Print Barrel January 5, 2020

They had templates on the right side for different types of projects that someone would typically be worked on. Their graphic artists were so bad, I didn't stay with them over a week so I didn't take any screenshots.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2020

Hi @Print Barrel 

This is what the right hand side of my open cards looks like, can you indicate where the extra sections were? We might be able to narrow down what it was if we know where it was?

Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 06.40.08.png

Print Barrel January 6, 2020

From what I can tell, it was just another list that they created with cards labeled for the types of projects.

Glad it wasn't anything too complicated!

Thanks for your help.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2020

Aha, so are you talking about a list with templates in it, or on the back of the card? I think I might have had my wires crossed!

If they had a list on the right hand side of the board with all the cards for the different types of projects, I would expect it to look something like this:

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 09.36.26.png

I have a list of cards that 'repeat' at a specific time, because I'm using Trello on my own. However, I can totally understand where a list with different projects would be useful. In that case, all you'd have to do is add another list called 'Template Projects' or something similar and add specific cards for each project with all the pre-made checklists etc. that you want to have for each project, then when you wanted to use them you could 'copy' the card and move the copy to where you wanted it.

Alternatively, you could create card templates within the board. When you click on the little icon on each list which looks like this:

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 09.40.22.pngWhich would allow you to create templates without having a list of cards you created that you copy and moved over into the right list when you need them.

I hope that this is more helpful than my original idea!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events