Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules : trigger

Frédéric Géhin-Roche August 23, 2021

hello everyone,

adding a rule in a Trello list, I would like to move a card created in a list to anorther list, when the card is created by anyone but more than one specified person.
The rule works if only one person is the exception, but can I add more than one ?

thanks 

Fred

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

Would it make sense to just have the trigger say "when a card is added to list X"? You don't necessarily need to specify the member in the trigger

Screenshot_20210824-085711_Chrome.jpg

Frédéric Géhin-Roche August 23, 2021

thanks for the answer but It would be too easy ( :-) ).
we are two managing a board used for a course. the students make a mess with model cards in a list, so we would like to have some automatisations.

We (the two of us) want to be able to create a card in the list that wil stay in the list and when a student creates a card it moove automatically to another list.
I can create au rule for one of us but not for the two af us.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2021

Oh I see! In that case, you basically want to say:

"When a card is added to a list by anyone except member @[deleted] OR member @hannah, move card to list "XYZ"".

I don't think you can create OR statements in butler, so I think the only way to go would be to create two separate rules like this:

Screenshot_20210824-194450_Chrome.jpg

Frédéric Géhin-Roche August 24, 2021

I'have already tried that, but it doesn't work. In that case it's the same as no rule :-( the card moves with everyone.

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2021

Ah :( sorry - I'm not much help! Someone else on here might be able to come up with an idea, or Trello support might be able to give some guidance.

Frédéric Géhin-Roche August 24, 2021

thanks for trying anyway :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events