Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules created in a template are not active when I create a board from the template

Kevin Quaglia October 12, 2022

When I create a rule in one of my templates and then create a new board from that template, the rule is not active in the new board.  Is there a setting I can choose to default the rules to being active on boards created from the template?

2 answers

0 votes
Jonathon Randles October 13, 2022

I am struggling with this too! We have a project board template and it would be really useful if the rules on the template crossed over to our live projects, especially when we have 5-10 per week that we have to set up.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2022

@Kevin Quaglia unfortunately not that i know of, it's something I'm trying to advocate more for - advanced sharing options for automations.

One thing you can do though is if the templates are all in the same workspace, you can go to your automation settings and find the rules and then quickly enable them on other boards.

image.png

Kevin Quaglia October 14, 2022

Yes, Brittany, that's exactly what I'm doing now but that kind of defeats the purpose of automating things

Like Alison likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

@Kevin Quaglia i guess it depends on how often you use the automations, because i agree it's definitely annoying for set up, but that's a one time cost per board for the automations to trigger endlessly

Alison March 20, 2023

I want to use this template for clients and it is frustrating to teach them how to set up their own automation. I wish Trello would offer this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events