Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Rules - Custom Field for Creatorname

Hello there,

I`d like to improve my Trello Tasks with a Custom Field in which i can see the name of the person who created the Card in a board. I`ve started with the Rule "Set Cusom field" > "Creator" to "*Name of the Creator*" after creating a Card. There are some Variables working like {cardname} but it doesn`t seem to work with my idea.

Thanks in Advance.

Greetings,

Tim

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Sep 07, 2022

Hi @Tim Schulze ! Welcome to the community :) what variable are you using for the card creator? Did you try {username} or {fullname}?

Your command could then say something like "when a card is added to the board, set custom field "Creator" to {fullname}"

Hi @Hannah Morgan it seems like {username} is the variable i was searching for. I did try {fullname} and it doesn`t work for me.

Thanks again.

Greetings

Tim

Like Hannah Morgan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

A Trello template to help you clean up your Confluence Space

Calling all Trello + Confluence users! We're celebrating all things Work and Wellness in our Confluence collection, where our team has been sharing activities to create more mindfulness around the ...

902 views 4 13
Read article

Atlassian Community Events