• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Rule and adding member

I'm adding a rule that when a new card is created in a certain list (which happens automatically) I want people to be assigned automatically in turn, I found this function but I was wondering if there is a way to exclude certain people. Like for example we have 4 people on the board, but I only want 3 people to be assigned to cards in that list in turn, the other person has a different list where they work on alone. So is there any way to exclude a person from being assigned to a certain list?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix Atlassian Team Feb 07, 2021

Hey @Branko Algoet

Yes, you can absolutely control the people in the "rotation".

To do so, create another card, called something that matches the role of the people you're assigning. For example "Reviewers". Then, add the people you want to include in the rotation to that card.

In Butler, you'd then click the little "target" next to the "add a member in turn" action, and paste the link to your "Reviewers" card.

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 9.43.35 AM.png

You can add/remove people from that "Reviewers" card without needing to touch the Butler rule, which is handy if someone is out/on vacation.

Hope this helps,

Felix

Thanks you @Felix

I tried this and it works now, thanks for the help! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Introducing: A Whole New Trello

After a decade of growing the most ubiquitous visual framework for productivity and project management, we are evolving Trello’s boards, lists, and cards model to bring context to content and help te...

652 views 24 23
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you