Resource capacity planning in Trello

millerj2 March 28, 2020

Hello,

Is it possible to do resource capacity planning in Trello? I would like to assign points to each card for the level of effort it will take to complete. Then, I want to assign available points to my resources. When I assign a resource to a card, I want to reduce the available points on that resource by the number of points on the card.

Is it possible to do this or something similar in Trello?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2020

@millerj2 my fave powerup for doing this type of planning including assigning points and tracking capacity by member is Placker which has not only a powerup but also a standalone web application:

https://trello.com/power-ups/590f10d117d6ebad37ed3dd5/projects-by-placker

millerj2 March 30, 2020

Thanks Iain,

I was looking at that one last night, and it looks like it will meet the requirement. I'll be testing it this week.

Best,

1 vote
Answer accepted
Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2020

Hi @millerj2 ,

Toni here to help! 

Take a look on Gantt power ups in Trello Power Ups market. There is a couple of them that could work for you!

Cheers

millerj2 March 29, 2020

Will do.

Thanks, Toni! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events