Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting card to check trigger condition(s).

Rex
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2022

I created a command with the intention that if a card in any of the mentioned lists is tagged "Monday", it's due date will be set to the upcoming Monday, 11:59 PM. There are three lists I've mentioned. This is what the command reads:

when the red "Monday" label is added to a card in list "Long-Term Backlog" in list "Backlog" in list "To Do This Week", set due date the next monday at 11:59 pm

But, it doesn't work. The log only says:

Requesting card to check trigger condition(s).

Earlier the command only had one list and it was working fine for that list. This was the initial command:

when the red "Monday" label is added to a card in list "To Do This Week", set due date the next monday at 11:59 pm

Where am I going wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2022
Sorry for the trouble here, referencing multiple lists in a rule like this is a bit tricky!
This rule reads to us as if it would trigger when a card is in any of your specified lists. However, Butler is reading that the card must be in multiple lists at once (which isn't something that can happen), so it's not finding a card that matches the rule.
Rather than a single rule, what I would suggest is to create a separate rule for each list that you want to trigger this rule.
For example, try adding these three rules and see if it gets them up and running for you:
  • when the red "Monday" label is added to a card in list "Long-Term Backlog", set due date the next monday at 11:59 pm
  • when the red "Monday" label is added to a card in list "To Do This Week", set due date the next monday at 11:59 pm
  • when the red "Monday" label is added to a card in list "Backlog", set due date the next monday at 11:59 pm

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events