Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting on trello boards

ElsieApp by RedPesto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 11, 2019

Hello - new user of trello here. we're using it to monitor software issues, but there's a few things i'd like to do around reporting that I don't really know how to approach. I'm sure it's simple, but i'm struggling at the basic level.

So the two main things are this:

Mandatory fields - with each card that is created on our trello board i'd like to make sure that the mandatory fields are complete. the mandatory fields are a combination of labels and custom fields that we've generated. I'd like to do two things a) make sure the card can only be created if the appropriate fields are completed and b) run a report that tells me which existing cards don't have the mandatory fields completed.

Client issues - I'd like an easy way to generate a good visual dashboard for each of our clients. That shows how many open issues there are for that client, what severity they are and what stage each issue (card) is at. At the moment clients are identified in cards by label

I can of course filter cards etc, but creating a neat customer facing report is what i'm after.

I'd appreciate any advice about where to start.

thanks all

Jim

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

Hey Jim, have you checked out any of these power-ups that relate to analytics and reporting? 

I don't know specifically about the mandatory fields for cards - that would be a kinda cool feature though. 

Agile Metrics might have some visual dashboard stuff there, although I haven't personally used that, so i can't testify to that. Charts by Vizdrop might also have something there that can show times in a list and how long issues are open.

ElsieApp by RedPesto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 17, 2019

Thanks Brittany - I'll have more of a look around there.

Part of the issue is that we're not using Trello to project manage in any conventional sense - so no kanban, prince methodology to align with...we're really just seeing what we can do with Trello as it suits our teams approach but we're changing constantly, so it may be that we need to look at tools.

Thanks again 

Like Brittany Joiner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events