Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting on Checklist level data/dates

Amall Jajjo January 21, 2022

Hello, would like to produce reports in Trello board on card checklist dates status, e.g. checklist line items completed, dates due, overdue, etc.  Any way to do this?

Thank you!

1 answer

2 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

Hey @Amall Jajjo ! Welcome to the community :) Trello doesn't offer much in the way of checklist-level reporting for the moment, but you can achieve this with Blue Cat Reports using quick lists - just pick the option to report on checklist items rather than cards. 

Amall Jajjo January 23, 2022

Thank you!  I actually stumbled onto that last night.  I also figured out that I can use your custom fields which work better for the blue cat reporting using the quick lists.

Hhowever, there appear to be 2 negatives to using them: 

1) date type includes time - wish I could remove the time stamp.  Would be great if you offered different date formats to choose from.

2) is it possible to display the custom fields in 2 columns or 1 column instead of the 3 columns it defaults to?  If we could make these look more like the checklists, that would much better to follow.  3 per row and multiples rows are confusing to users as to the order -- to go left to right or down and up.

Thank you for your help!

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

@Amall Jajjo cool! Glad you've managed to find a solution :) for the custom field feedback, I'd get in touch with Trello directly - agreed it would be cool to have more flexibility around field types and the way it's displayed (you can alter the vertical ordering of fields, but can't change the actual UI of the back of the card). I'm just a community member and don't work for Atlassian, so won't be able to pass on any feedback :)

Amall Jajjo January 23, 2022

Thank you for the quick response!  Should have known you were part of the community and not necessarily from Trello.  Thank you for the clarification and appreciate your help!  Have a good night!

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2022

You're welcome! You too 😊

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events