Report for checklist due date: overdue

Ivan September 17, 2022

Hello fam,

I have a very mundane report automation need.

I'd like to create a daily email report. The report should include all the checklist items that have an overdue due date.

The way I use Trello is that one card has many different tasks with different due dates set.

Thanks for your help!

Ivan

2 answers

0 votes
Silvia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Ivan !

Silvia from Blue Cat here, we specialize in power-ups that focus on reporting and we love tracking cards in Trello 😺

Have you checked our reporting tool? You can easily create a list of overdue checklist items and set up a daily/weekly email update to any inbox.

When you sign up for a trial with us at Blue Cat, you can reach out to our support through the app and we are happy to help with creating a report as the above or anything else you might need.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2022

@Ivan hi there! Hmm, so it might be a little tricky to do that because i don't think there's a ton of automation tied to the checklist item dates. Tbh i try to avoid using those advanced checklists for those reasons haha, instead if i want a checklist item, I'll usually created a link card checklist item and then keep those in sync, because there's a lot more automation with those cards! (See an example of how I do it here: https://youtu.be/IMaZ3tso914 )

So for instance, you can set that up, and then create a report that every day sends you a report of cards due today, or overdue cards. You could use a rule like this if you're working with cards: 

image.png

Ivan September 21, 2022
Is trello planning to create automation for checklists?
As I checked, there are a lot of people trying to use this feature. It would be beneficial to develop this further.
If I implemented your suggestion, it would create even more cards, which is not what I want.

I'm curious if you were aware that blue cat has this feature? They might be a helpful addition for your team. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

@Ivan i wasn't aware! but i don't really use checklist items with members and due dates in my workflows so it's not something I've really researched much

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events