Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating Daily Task with New Due date

John Kannankeril October 28, 2022

I have about 12 Daily tasks that I needed to do every day at the same time. I used the Repeater,  but the problem is the Due date does not change to the current date.  

For example: if I created a daily task on Monday, January 1st to call clients' from 9am-10am every weekday. On Tuesday, January 2nd the new Card will pop up just fine with the correct Due time of 9 am-10 pm, but the problem is the new card's DUE DATE is still set to Monday, January 1st instead of Tuesday, January 2nd. 

From what I found, the card repeater can not change the due date(unless I am wrong), and I may have to create a Rule for all 12  Daily Tasks, which is fine. But i am not great at this stuff. So if creating a RULE  is the best route, can someone please walk me through what to put in the rule to make this happen OR if there is another way please let me know???

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Cody C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2022

I think you're on the right track using an automation for this. Here's one I tried that's working for me. If you want to try it, first add a sky-blue label called "Daily" to each of your 12 recurring tasks.

Once that's done, set up a rule like this one:

Image 2022-11-01 at 2.35.31 PM.jpg

The goal of this rule is to update the due date as soon as card repeater copies that card to your board. It's using the "Daily" label to trigger so that it doesn't change the due date of all your cards, only the ones with that label.

We have a bit more information on getting started with automations here: https://trello.com/en/guide/automate-anything#getting-started-with-butler

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events