cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating Cards - How do they work?

Lee Atherton November 30, 2020

I have a list "do today"

I created a card exercise and it is in list "repeating tasks"

I want this task to show up every day in "do today" in a way that I can mark that I did it, and have it moved to "done" list. And then have the task show up in "do today" again on the next day. 

I think I need a butler rule that copies it from repeated tasks to do today one time every day? 

Is it one original card that sits in one list and a copy is put in another list every day?

2 answers

1 vote
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

Hi @Lee Atherton ,

Welcome to the community!

Well, you are absolutely right! You have to use Butler.

Butler allows you to copy/move a card from one list to another!

You can use labels... set the butler rules like when a done label added move the card to another list(done)!

You can choose between moving the original card or copy!

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

For a non butler solution, have a board called template cards, make the template there, and each day after you sit down and sip the coffee, copy the cards for the day onto the relevant boards ... saves you enough money to pay for that nice cup of coffee.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events