Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reoccurring card & email notification

Kathryn Hayes September 15, 2022

I'm looking for a way to setup a card for a reoccurring task; set the reoccurring due date/time AND also receive an email notification to remind you of said task.

Is this possible at all?

I've look at some of the Power-Ups, but none of them seem to trigger an email notification, which is how we want to be "reminded" about said task.

2 answers

1 vote
Dan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2022

There is a power up called Car Repeater which will allow you to set up the repeating of the card. Then with a butler rule you can add the due date and send an email notification when the card is added to the board. Something like this:

when a card with a name starting with "Repeating Task Card" is added to the board, set due date in 5 days at 2:00 pm, and send an email notification to "myemailaddress@gmail.com" with subject "You have a new task {triggercardname}!" and message "A new task called {triggercardname} was added to your Trello board {boardname}! \n\n The task is due on {triggercardduedate} at {triggercardduedatetime}."

Just make sure you change the name of the card to match what you want your repeating card to be. 

0 votes
Violetta Chernobuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2022

Hi @Kathryn Hayes 

It's Violetta from Planyway:)

Recurrent events are also available in Planyway. Plus, you may set up to receive notifications: push notification, or mobile ones.

Here's more information on that:

https://planyway.com/help/features/recurring-tasks-in-trello 

Kathryn Hayes September 21, 2022

Hi Violetta,

Thanks for the above.

How do I turn on email notifications for these repeat setups? I cannot seem to find where this is.

Also, by using this feature this way, does it mean that a new card is made for each repeat? Or just 1 card exists and the date updates on it?

Violetta Chernobuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

Here you can find the information on reminders and notifications: https://planyway.com/help/features/notification-center#what-will-i-be-notified-about

Also, by using this feature this way, does it mean that a new card is made for each repeat? Or just 1 card exists and the date updates on it?

No, we do not duplicate a card on your board, it's still one card which is just visualized regularly on the calendar. It only creates another card on the board when you make an exception in your recurrence rule.

Kathryn Hayes September 21, 2022

Thanks for the above.

The info on that link looks like it's using Planyway directly and not via Trello. Is that correct?

We use Trello at work.

Violetta Chernobuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2022

No, you can still use Planyway inside Trello as a power-up. It will look and work the same.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events