Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing clutter on cards

Nonas Buzines February 2, 2018

Hello, I am new to Trello.  When I first joined I thought I saw a setting page that allowed you to select what items show up on your card when you are viewing your board but I cannot find it now. 

I want to reduce the clutter on my board by hiding some of the icons and other items that show up on your card.  If I want to see details I can open up the card.  For instance, I dont want to see the description and comment icon on my card since all my cards have both descriptions and comments.  I do not care if I have an attachment so I dont want to see that icon either.  How do I select what I want displayed or not displayed on the face of the cards? 

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Jade Blackwater September 23, 2021

I also want this feature. I use Trello for teams that are new to planning / Agile and need minimal distractions. Nonas Buzines' summary is well-stated - I prefer to have the ability to customize / declutter the board view; I would pay for it.

0 votes
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2018

The layout of a card can't be actually changed, here is how it looks like by default:

file-BCLfWFtARp

However, you can click Hide Details to stop showing the Activity on all your cards, another thing you can do is to disable comments if you don't need them (Menu bar, More, Settings, Commenting Permissions).

Other than that, you can't actually change the whole look of a card.

Nonas Buzines February 5, 2018

Hello...thanks for the response.  I am not looking to modify the card.  I am wanting to modify what is displayed about the card on the board.  For instance, every card has a comment, description and attachment...so I dont want to ever show the icons at the board level since it just adds to the clutter.  Is there a way to set my board to not show these:

Trelloclutter.jpg

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2018

Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

I'm afraid it isn't possible to change that. It's just how Trello looks, I'm sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events