Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a member from a board

Natalia Ros Vargas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2019

Hi, on my personal board I had a list that wanted to share with a team member so I invited to use Trello. Then I moved the list to a new board so I could remove her from my personal board . Even though I removed her , she still has access to my personal board ? thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2019

Hi Natalia, once a member has been removed from a board she will no longer be able to access it.

In order to remove her, just click her avatar and choose Remove from Board... 

remove from board.PNG

When a member is removed from a board, the member will be removed from all cards on the board. This simply means they will no longer be a member of those cards. However, any other actions on the board (e.g. comments, checking of an item on a checklist, etc.) will remain. For example, if the member left comments on the back of the card, the comments will remain even if the member is removed from the board. (Source)

Natalia Ros Vargas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2019

Thanks Alice. The member refreshed the page and still could see my board even though in mine she was removed. Could it be that it takes some time ? 

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2019

This is a bit weird. Maybe ask her to clean her browser cache and log out and log in back again into Trello. Hopefully, it will fix it.

Otherwise, I know it would be annoying, but you could copy the board (be sure to check the labels and cards option). This will allow you to be the only member but the downside is that you'll lose the comments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events