Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a member by his email

Daniel Camelier April 26, 2021

Hi

I have a board on Trello and some of the members changed their email addresses and for this matter I've sent them new invitations for the new email addresses

The problem is that I now have duplicate members and I can't tell which user is which email so I can easily identify and remove it.

1 answer

1 vote
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Daniel Camelier 👋

Welcome to the Community! It's very straightforward to remove a member off of a Trello board but the added complexity of duplicate members makes it a little tricky.

To save yourself a headache I'd recommend removing all duplicates off the board (see how to do this below) and then send a fresh invitation for them to accept. This will be simpler and quicker than trying to identify which one to keep and remove. 

To remove a board member:

To remove a member from a board, click the avatar in the members section in the board menu, and select "Remove from Board". Remove a board member by clicking on their avatar. When a member is removed from a board, the member will be removed from all cards on the board.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions then please ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Daniel Camelier April 28, 2021

Not the best solution but solved my problem

Thank you

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Daniel CamelierI'm pleased it managed to solve the problem for you, hopefully in the future there'll be an easier/simpler way. 

If you'd like to help others experiencing the same problem find this solution easily you can do this by accepting the answer above 😃

Have a great day and happy Trello-ing!

Like Sarah Preston likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events