Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove matched text using Butler powerup?

mamamusings April 10, 2019

Is it possible with the Butler power-up to remove matched text from a card name?

I have an IFTTT rules that allows me to add a new card to a board, but it has to go into a specific list (in this case, "Unfiled").

I want to preface the card name with the list I want it moved to, and then use Butler to move the card to that list, *and* remove the name of the list.

So, for example, I tell my Echo to "add 'Personal buy groceries to my To-Do list'", and IFTTT puts a card named "Personal buy groceries" to my board's "Unfiled" list.

I want the rule to then move the card to the Personal list, and remove the word "Personal". I can write a rule to find and move the card properly, but there no longer seems to be an option for "remove matched text". :(

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2019

@mamamusings 

Hi Elizabeth, there are indeed a number of actions that can still not be found within the Power-Up. 

However, there is now a quick and easy way to send off a feature request.

BPU_FeatureRequest.png

It's indeed a useful function and I would also appreciate if it were available.

Elizabeth Lawley April 10, 2019

Thanks!

Like Katrin Anger likes this
Felix April 20, 2019

@mamamusings @Katrin Anger 

I found this entry a few days ago as I was also missing the feature... but now I found out it is possible :-))) with {textaftermatch} .. which is wrong mentioned in https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables as {textafter} which was not working.

when the name of a card starts with "Personal", rename the card to "{textaftermatch}", and move the card to the top of list "Personal"

@mamamusings is that working for you? (maybe case sensitive Personal/personal)

Like # people like this
3 votes
Felix April 23, 2019

You can achieve this by using {textaftermatch} or {textbeforematch}

(i just post here again, so other people can find the answer more easy)

Bobby Shiffler July 7, 2020

thanks for this. I'd been searching for this function for a while!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events