Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder notifications sent to Slack

Beth June 8, 2021

Hi, I have set up Trello so that notifications are sent to Slack when cards are updated etc. However I'm wanting a notification to be sent to Slack for reminders, is this possible? I tested it and it didn't work. So for example, I have set a due date and then set that I'd like a reminder 1 hour before the due date. I was hoping that on the hour before the deadline I'd get a notification in my Slack to basically alert me that something is due in an hours time and to follow up if I need to do anything. Same for if I set a reminder 1 day before the due date, can a notification be sent to Slack 1 day before to remind me that I have something due in a days time? Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2021

Hey @Beth 

I think what you are asking for can be done with Butler. I have a setup tutorial video here to show you how to do it for when a card is due it will notify you in Slack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Ahr-oUgN4

However you could probably adjust the trigger to be for "1 hour/day before a card is due". (see the middle option in the screenshot below)

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 17.35.59.png

Note this will apply to all cards with due dates, rather than those that you specifically set a reminder for. I don't think that's possible with reminders, as far as I know/have tested.

Here is the command in full... 

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 17.37.18.png

Hope that helps,

Dan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events