Relative due dates for checklist

Jairo Levi May 9, 2023

I have some projects, for which I create a card with a "due date."

Each card has the same checklist:

- Do A

- Do B

- Do C

Is it possible to automate:

- Do A (due date in 2 days, assign to me)
- Do B (due date 3 months before the card "due date", assign to me)

- Do C (due date 1 month before the card "due date", assign to me)

I have been googling and checking the community, and I have not been able to find it.

Thank you,

Jairo.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2023

So. This solution assumes that you can just sequentially create a checklist item, then immediately assign it a member/duedate, and Trello won't be confused on which checklist item you're referring to... Can't check as don't have Premium currently activated..

But, assuming that the above works. And that the checklist contents is the same every time. Then you can just embed the checklist items in to the automation itself. It does however require a custom field to temporarily store the card's due date, as you can access them when setting a due date, but not the card's actual due date for some reason.

remove the "TODO" checklist from the card, add item "Do A" to checklist "TODO", set the item due in 2 days, assign the item to me, set custom field "x" to "{cardduedate}", add item "Do B" to checklist "TODO", assign the item to me, set the item due on the date in custom field "x" minus 3 months, add item "Do C" to checklist "TODO", assign the item to me, and set the item due on the date in custom field "x" minus 1 months

Hit back if it turns out you can't just assign things to checklist items in the way I listed.

Jairo Levi May 10, 2023

OMG U R a genius!

It took me a few tries but I got it going with your help!

Here is how it ended up:

add an empty checklist named "Trip Booked" to the card, add item "Final Payment Invoice - Flights - ShoreEx - Upgrade - Dining XRef" to checklist "Trip Booked", set the item due in 1 days, assign the item to me, add item "Final Payment 2 WEEKS!!" to checklist "Trip Booked", assign the item to me, set the item due on the date in custom field "Final Payment Date" minus 2 weeks, add item "Final Payment" to checklist "Trip Booked", set the item due on the date in custom field "Final Payment Date", assign the item to me, add item "Travel Date" to checklist "Trip Booked", set the item due on the date in custom field "Travel Date", assign the item to me, add item "Return Date" to checklist "Trip Booked", set the item due on the date in custom field "Return Date", and assign the item to me

2023-05-10_20-24-42.png

Thank you very much for your help!

Jairo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events