Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Tasks finished before Due Date

Lynette September 22, 2022

I've been trying to use an Add On for recurring tasks - but if my task is done before the reminder on the due date (and I move it to my done list), it appears back into my to do list on the set date again.

For example, I have a recurring task for 15th of every month - but I finish it on September 10th, for example, so I place it in my done pile. But when September 15th comes around, it flies back into my todo pile, which makes me confused as to whether I've finished it for September or not. I still want it to remind me on October 15, but not Sept 15 after I've finished the task on the 10th.

Would there be a better Add On that could solve my issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Dan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2022

I am not completely sure if this is what you are looking for but this is what I would do. 

I would set up a card using the Card Repeater power up called something like "This is the repeating card" and set it to create a new card every month on the 15th. Then I would add a butler rule for something like this:

when a card with a name containing "This is the repeating card" is added to the board, rename the card to "{nextmonthname} Task", and set due date on the 15th of next month

This was your new card will have the right date and will be unique as the month will be in the title. This also wont delete the old card. 

Let me know if this is helpful or if you were thinking of something differently. 

Lynette September 23, 2022

This is helpful! However, I was looking for a slightly different solution - sometimes a card due on the 15th is done on the 10th, but because the new card is created on the 15th, there is no way for me to track that I have completed the card as there is an extra notification now reminding me to do it (which sometimes leads to me being confused as to whether I have completed the task for the month). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events