Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover a comment deleted

damianocongedo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2018

Hello,

I have deleted by mistake a comment. It is possible to recover it?

I don't find it on archived elements.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2018

Damiano

There is not a way to recover a deleted comment.  When deleting a comment, a confirmation appears for the deletion. The confirmation also states there is no undo of deleting a comment.

delete comment.png

damianocongedo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2018

Hi Matthew,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunatly I have clicked the alert  automatically.

What a shame!

Bye and good day.

Like alanger likes this
Ian Godfrey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 8, 2020

The prompt does NOT state there is no undo of deleting a comment

[Oops I was referring to Confluence, not Trello]

Benjamin Chuang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 16, 2021
Tom Morrissey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 23, 2021

This is a shame.  I can see the comment in the Resolved Comments list, and it says I resolved it by deleting it (which I didn't, at least, not intentionally, and I never clicked a confirmation!)

Like Mat Walker likes this
Mat Walker March 7, 2023

I just want to add my vote to this being a shame....  Jira is usually fantastic for not losing stuff (how many times have I quietly praised the 'You have unsaved comments'! lol).

When a comment is deleted, it may be because the writer really doesnt want it in the domain (nasty thing were said in the heat of the moment....?).  But, would be great if it went into a 30-day cool-off area that is only accessible by the user who deleted and so can be undeleted.....

Like many folk,  After you see an alert a few times, clicking through it becomes automatic.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Lotfy Labidi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 30, 2023

It is not possible to recover the comments, but you can at least view them from Page activity feature.

Hope it helps you.

BR

Jennifer McCollum
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 11, 2023

How are you viewing deleted comments from the Page Activity area? Once I delete a comment it's gone from everywhere. I've tested this by creating a comment, viewing it in the Page Activity, deleting the comment, and no longer seeing it in Page Activity.

I would love to be able to at least view deleted comments so that I can recreate them. I recently accidentally deleted a very detailed comment that I need.

Thanks!

Lotfi Laabidi August 11, 2023

Hi,  im talking about comments you added inside the page editor.. not comments in the bottom of a page.. are we talking about same thing?

Also im using confluence datacenter 7.

BR

LL

Jennifer McCollum
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 11, 2023

We aren't talking about the same thing. I'm talking about Trello Boards. Have a good one. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events