Read only mode Trello

Gagner Aux Paris Sportifs January 22, 2019

Hi everyone,

I am using Trello and would like to share a table with someone in read only mode.

I'd like he could read but couldn't edit or delete any card in that table.

Read only...

Is it possible?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

Another option @Gagner Aux Paris Sportifs if you are not using business class would be to set your board to public and then share the link with the individual. For example, that is what I have done with my Chef Jerry Board. Individuals with the link can view the board, but can't make any changes unless I make them a member of the board.

Here's the Chef Jerry Board link so you can have a look as an example of making a board public and sharing the link:

https://trello.com/b/Yj0pdICl/chef-jerry

You could always move that one card to a board that you set access to public and after the individual has viewed the board/cards, you can set it back to private.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jodi

Gagner Aux Paris Sportifs January 22, 2019

Hi Jody

It works perfectly.

It was so easy...

Still don't understand how i was unable to find it on my own.

Thank you for your help

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

Thanks @Gagner Aux Paris Sportifs - so glad it worked for you!
Have an amazing day,

Jodi

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

Hello @Gagner Aux Paris Sportifs and welcome to Community!

As far as I know, this is only possible if you're using Trello Business Class:

Grant observer-only access to collaborators outside of your team

If you're already on Business Class, this page explains how to grant read-only access: Adding observers to boards.

Hope this helps!

- Manon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events